In this tutorial, you will create a Boldermail user in your Amazon Web Services console in order for us to setup Amazon Simple Email Services (Amazon SES) for you! Amazon SES will allow our server to communicate with Amazon and deliver emails at a rate of $0.0001 per email. We will need you to create a user on your Amazon Web Services account, and give Boldermail partial permissions in order to configure your SES account. (If this sounds intimidating, don’t be deterred. The tutorial below will walk you through the process in crystal clear steps!)
This tutorial should take you another 5 minutes. Once you are done, we will set up your Boldermail server, and you will be on your way to sending newsletters to your subscribers!
1. Go to the Amazon Web Services page by clicking here.
2. Move your cursor over the “My Account” link on the upper right area of the screen. A drop down menu should appear. Click on the “AWS Management Console” option.
3. You will be redirected to a sign-in page. Enter the email address that you used to create your Amazon Web Services account.
4. Next, you will be asked for your account password. Enter your password, and click “Sign in”.
5. After you sign in, you should see the Amazon Web Services Management Console. In the “AWS Services” box, under “Find Services”, type “IAM”.
6. An option that says “IAM – Manage User Access and Encryption Keys” should display in the search box. Click on it.
6. You should see a “Welcome to Identity and Access Management” message. Click on “Users” on the menu on the left side (under “Dashboard” and “Groups”).
7. On the Users page, click on “Add User” (the blue button).
8. You should now be in the “Add User” page. Type in the username “boldermail”. In “Access type”, select “AWS Management Console access”. In “Console password”, select “Autogenerated password”. Finally, make sure the “Require password reset” box is checked. Once you are done, click on the “Next: Permissions” button.
9. In the Permissions page, in the “Set Permissions” section, click on “Attach existing policies directly”.
10. In the search box, type “IAMFullAccess”. Then, mark the checkbox next to the search result.
11. Delete “IAMFullAccess” from the search box, and type “SupportAccess”. Again, click the checkbox next to the search result.
12. Finally, delete “SupportAccess” from the search box, and type “SESFullAccess”. Click the checkbox next to the search result. Click on “Next: Tags” at the bottom to continue to the next page.
12. On the “Add tags” page, simply click “Next: Review” at the bottom. There is nothing to do here.
13. The most important thing to check on the “Review” page is the “Permissions summary” section. Make sure that the “IAMFullAccess”, “AWSSupportAccess”, and “AmazonSESFullAccess” policies are there!
14. That’s it! You did it! You should see a “Success” message on your screen. The last step is to click on the the “Download .csv” button. A file should start downloading to your computer. Simply attach this file to an email and send it to us at [email protected] We will handle the rest of your server setup from here. It should take between 24 and 48 hours!
That’s it for now! We will work on setting up your Boldermail server, and we will get back to you in 24-48 hours. We will then provide you with credentials to enter in your WordPress plugin. Once we setup your server, you will receive an email from Amazon asking you to verify your email address. The subject line will say “Amazon Web Services – Email Address Verification Request”. Click on the link provided in that email to verify your email address with Amazon Simple Email Services (Amazon SES).
At this point, just hang tight and wait to hear from us! Again, we’ll get back to you within 24-48 hours.