Once your newsletter starts sending, you won’t be able to stop it from sending unless you contact us here. Moving the campaign to the Trash will not stop your campaign from sending. We’ll only be able to cancel your campaign if it is still sending. Smaller audiences process more quickly, while larger audiences take longer, so we won’t always be able to cancel your campaign on time. The plugin will ask you to confirm whether or not you wish to send your campaign, so please make sure you have double-checked all of the information on your campaign before sending.
1. Navigate to Newsletters >> Newsletters. Click on Add New at the top.
2. Enter a title for your campaign. This title is used for your own reference — it will not be displayed to your subscribers.
3. Fill out the Setup your Campaign meta box. The To tab lets you select to which List this newsletter will be sent to.
4. The From tab is used to inform your subscribers who is sending them this newsletter. Boldermail automatically pulls this information from the data you entered in the List you selected in Step 3.
5. The Subject Line tab allows you to write an email subject line, as well as any Preview text. Preview text is text that some email hosting providers (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail) may display next to the subject line, before users even open the email. If you leave the Preview text blank, Gmail will display the first line of text from your newsletter — it will most likely be “View this email on your browser”.
6. The Design tab lets you select between using the Block Editor and the Classic Editor, and write your newsletter content.
6.a. To learn how to use the Block Editor, check out the video below:
6.b. To use the Classic Editor, click on Switch to Classic Editor. Click on Select Template above the editor and pick a template — we provide 8 templates with your Boldermail plugin by default. If you need help migrating a template, or need help customizing one, contact us here. When you move your cursor over a template, you can click on “Preview” to visualize a preview, or “Activate” to load the contents of the template onto the editor. Notice that “Activate” will delete any content present in the editor at the time. For more information on how to create a template and use the Boldermail Classic Editor, click here.
Once you have customized the content of your newsletter, click on “Save Changes” on the top right section the page. You can preview your newsletter using the “HTML Preview” button on the editor, or clicking on the permalink at the top of the page.
7. When you are finished editing your newsletter, you can click Send Newsletter or schedule your newsletter to send at a specific time in the future!