Please don’t use Boldermail to distribute anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not use Boldermail to create, send, or display:
- Campaigns offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate the CAN-SPAM or other anti-spam laws
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
- Campaigns promoting or supporting terrorism or violent extremism
Some industries have higher-than-average abuse complaints, which can jeopardize deliverability. In order to maintain the reliability of my platform, I do not allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Escort services, mail-order bride/spouse finders, international marriage brokers, and other similar sites and services
- Hookup, swinger, or sexual encounter sites or services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- List brokers or list rental services
- Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
- Cryptocurrencies, virtual currencies, and any digital assets related to an Initial Coin Offering
Content Subject to Additional Scrutiny
I’ve also found that certain types of content may cause higher-than-average abuse rates. For that reason, I may closely review, suspend, throttle, or disable accounts that offer the following services, products, or content:
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
- Daily horoscope reports
- Mortgages and loans
- Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
- Adult entertainment/novelty items
- Online dating services and applications (dating sites or services with a sexual emphasis or sexually explicit content – including images depicting nudity – are not permitted)
- Real estate
- Services that support programmatically sending mail on behalf of third parties without creating or reviewing the content
I work hard to maintain the positive reputation of my platform, but I count on my Members to pitch in too. You may not:
- Send Spam. Spam can be in the form of bulk emails or one to one commercial emails. You must be able to point to an opt-in form or show other evidence of consent for any bulk email you send.
- Include in your Campaigns or account any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information in the Service or in any Campaigns created, managed, or sent using my Service.
- Share your password.
- Use an outside unsubscribe process when sending bulk content to an audience hosted in Boldermail.
- Set up multiple accounts for any person or entity in order to send similar content, unless you’re part of a franchise or agency.
- Import or incorporate any of this information into any account, audience, emails, or otherwise upload to my servers: Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials, or sensitive personal information.
- Send Campaigns that will be delivered to recipients as text, SMS, or MMS messages unless using a feature designed for that purpose.
- Upload or send email Campaigns to purchased, rented, third-party, co-reg, publicly available data, or partner lists of any kind.
- Send or forward personal mail.
- Send content created in Boldermail through another service.
- Host images on my servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
- Host Content on my servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
As a marketing platform with customers all over the world, I feel it’s my responsibility to be extra vigilant in preventing abuse of my services to protect both my customers and their contacts. It’s also in my best interest to keep the platform clean because my reputation and deliverability depend on it. For that reason, I provide, and may update from time to time, articles outlining best practices in my knowledge base. You may only use Boldermail in accordance with these best practices, and I may suspend or terminate your account if you violate them.
Thanks for taking the time to read my Acceptable Use Policy.
Updated July 30th, 2020